Iridescent Wick Trimmer
Super fun Iridescent Wick Trimmers bring a little bit of rainbow whimsy to your candle accessory collection!
Why Do You Need to Trim Your Wick?
The primary reason to keep wicks properly trimmed is to prevent sooting and to help maintain the optimized burn of your candle. Wicks that are too long will cause a candle to burn at a faster rate since the larger flame is melting more wax than it should be.
Keep your candle burning safely by practicing good wick habits.
Although most wicks can be easily maintained with scissors (or clippers for wood wicks), Wick trimmers are especially helpful with large / deep candle vessels and to help keep the trimmed debris out of your candle.
Wick Trimmers are multi-color (iridescent treated) alloy and 8" in length.
General Bookish Sizing - 13 Ounce, 9 Ounce, 4 Ounce
Vintage Luxe (12.5 oz) & Canvas (9 oz) Compared to General Bookish
- This candle has a crackling wood wick! Make sure to trim it straight across and to 1/8" before lighting for the first time.
- Trim any black burned or crunchy bits from the wick for best burning performance when relighting.
For Cotton Wick Candles (4 oz & 2 oz Tins)
- This candle has a natural cotton wick. Make sure to trim it to approximately 1/4" before lighting for the first time. If the wick is too long, the flame could be too tall.
- Trim to 1/4" each time before lighting for most consistent burn.
For All Candles
- To prevent tunneling, burn long enough to melt the full top of the candle each time you burn it. Don't "power burn" (longer than 3-4 hours at a time). Extinguish, allow to cool completely, then trim the wick before relighting.
- Extinguish if container is too hot to touch, the flame is too tall (more than approximately 1 inch), or if the candle is smoking or sooting. Let the candle cool completely, trim the wick to 1/8" and then relight, if desired.
Never allow candles to burn all the way down or self-extinguish. Recycle the container when 1/4" - 1/2" wax remains.
- To keep labels looking crisp and bright - keep away from direct sunlight, humidity and fluorescent lighting.
- Always keep within sight and on a heat-resistant surface. Never leave a candle burning unattended.