For Wood Wick Candles
- This candle has a crackling wood wick! Make sure to trim it straight across and to 1/8" before lighting for the first time.
- Trim any black burned or crunchy bits from the wick for best burning performance when relighting.
For Cotton Wick Candles (4 oz & 2 oz Tins)
- This candle has a natural cotton wick. Make sure to trim it to approximately 1/4" before lighting for the first time. If the wick is too long, the flame could be too tall.
- Trim to 1/4" each time before lighting for most consistent burn.
For All Candles
- To prevent tunneling, burn long enough to melt the full top of the candle each time you burn it. Don't "power burn" (longer than 3-4 hours at a time). Extinguish, allow to cool completely, then trim the wick before relighting.
- Extinguish if container is too hot to touch, the flame is too tall (more than approximately 1 inch), or if the candle is smoking or sooting. Let the candle cool completely, trim the wick to 1/8" and then relight, if desired.
Never allow candles to burn all the way down or self-extinguish. Recycle the container when 1/4" - 1/2" wax remains.
- To keep labels looking crisp and bright - keep away from direct sunlight, humidity and fluorescent lighting.
- Always keep within sight and on a heat-resistant surface. Never leave a candle burning unattended.